Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Change of Life

Well, soon my life is going to change. Concrete evidence (or I should say, cardboard evidence) of it arrived today. A box of personal possessions from the woman I met online a bit over a year back & with whom i have chatted, messaged, web-cammed & spoken almost every day since is now safely ensconced in my spare room awaiting her arrival in a bit under 14 days.

I've been trying to remember how long ago it was I lived with a woman... or anyone at all, and it is a long time. I look around my rooms & realise I have become a male stereotype. Corners are filled with stuff, even I can see dust everywhere & I have things in plain view that haven't been touched since they were put there 3 years back when I moved into this place.

Not because of her, but for my own sense of honour, I need to clean the place up for her arrival. I need to look at my daily habits & work out which ones are those acceptable in decent society & which I better find a way to cease & desist.

I range from a fear of change to sheer delight she is coming into my life & really, the fear is just old habit - mostly I am pleased I now have a reason to become someone new; a better person who can start respecting myself again. I only hope she will be a little patient with me as I find my new/old self & start to rebuild habits let slip when i thought I had only lonely days of agin ahead of me.

How the world can change on the basis of offering to help someone with their troubles. *grins*

It hasn't been a year of smooth blissfulness; there has been travail enough that we have been tested & tried & somehow, in spite of my normal GTF outa here reactions, we have come through & now are as strong as, or even stronger than, ever.

Welcome jaime, into my life & my heart. I hope you like Australia & the sudden emergence out into a big city is not a total culture shock.

See you soon lover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You be patient with me, and I'll be patient with you. (I think you'll find I'm a bit more guy-like than frilly female. :P ) We both have habits we've fallen into in our lives and adjusting to each other, though it may cause fights, will only make us stronger. It make take a while until our life dance becomes completely smooth again, but we'll both always have someone warm to cuddle with at night.

*hugs*

Nervously counting down the days.