Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The time has come...

The hall wasn't all that busy; over near the doors leading from Customs there were maybe 50 people waiting for arrivals as I sat waiting for her plane to land. Coffee in hand, (surprisingly good coffee for an airport) I watched those around, most patient, some anxious & others looking blankly at the 4 doors that people were using to re-enter the world from the security section.

I missed the moment of the plane landing; one moment the column was blank, next the list shuffled up the board & flight 839 had 'landed' beside it.

I knew Customs would take a while so I didn't move forward yet, but I could pick those waiting for fellow passengers on her flight by the way they instantly went to the rail near the doors, as if somehow they could bring their loved ones or guest through the doors earlier. Given it was mostly asians exiting from the Singapore flight that had landed 45 mins before, I didn't hold out much hope their expectations would have a result

No comments: